So we have some staple meals in our house – and this is one of them. It’s such an easy meal to make and sometimes I switch it up a bit (like everything else I make!).
- 2-3 tbs of stir fry oil
- 1 block of extra firm tofu (I get mine pre-cubed!)
- 1 bag of mixed stir fry fresh veggies (this saves considerable chopping time!)
- 1/2 an onion, large slices
- 1 tbs garlic
- red pepper flakes (to season)
- Szechuan stir fry sauce (to season)
- red pepper chilis (to season)
- 1 package Asian rice noodles (including the spice packet included!)
– Heat about 2 tbs stir fry oil in wok.
– Add cubed tofu & heat until slightly tanned on medium high heat.
– Add onion & red pepper flakes. Heat until onions are transluscent.
– Add veggies & rice noodles & stir. (you may want to add 1/4 cup water). Heat until veggies are tender (but not mushy!) and rice noodles are soft.
– Add stir fry sauce & mix well.
– Serve with brown rice & jasmine tea!
The great thing about this is how easy it is to change it a bit. We like to use peanut sauce or just regular stir fry sauce. There are loads of different sauces at the grocery and it’s fun to try all the different ones.